--> -->

Monday, August 27, 2012

Books Worth Reading

Post 2 of the day. While I am feeling a little sickly, my fingers are just a going and I am a blogging power house today. I thought I would share some really great books I have read recently.
I realize I might have lost some of you at books to read so I figured I should start with the one that is a MUST. Some of you were about to tap out, and I understand and certainly don't judge, but tap back in right this second. The series that you really should try is called Chronicles of the Kings by Lynn Austin. My mom brought the first book on our family beach trip and I decided to read it for the week. Well, it was so good I finished it in a day. On that day, my family was laughing, making memories, and enjoying each other while my nose was in the book. And that is how it was for the next four books, too. They are all just as great and captivating as the first. They are set in Old Testament days, specifically King Hezekiah's reign. I know, Old Testament, you were about to tap out again, but don't do it!! Read for just one more sentence! These books grab you in the first chapter and at the end of the books my entire view of the Old Testament was radically changed. It took the Sunday school lessons that I grew up hearing that are so watered down and somehow almost boring  and turned them into the terrifying life or death situations where these people where completely dependent  on the all powerful Creator of the universe. I highly recommend you read this series!



Another really great book is Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. It is a true story about two completely opposite people and how they become best friends and how the Lord uses them in each other's life.

Yesterday I started reading this book during our never ending lounge on the sofa sick day. After a couple hours of shunning Kenny I had finished it. It is a true story about a girl whose parents are threatened and harassed by a man in their community and their church. It's a great story about the Lord's forgiveness.


And lastly, I just had to put this one on here. Early one morning at the beach my mom, sister in law and I were talking about books while drinking some coffee. Ashley had heard this book was great, so later that day we got it from Sun Dogs. It's a super short and easy read, but y'all it is SO sad. I lost yet another day at the beach to a book. One morning everyone was putting on sunscreen and eating breakfast and I was sitting on the sofa, trying my hardest not to weep while finishing up this book. If you need a good cry, this is the one. It is a super sweet and completely devastating love story.


That's all for today! Who is ready for some football?? I know I am!!


No comments:

Post a Comment