--> -->

Monday, October 29, 2012

A Month Of Visitors

Is it really almost November? This month as been action packed and full of visitors. My brother and sister in law came to visit during my brother's Fall break. They were not here very long, but we had a blast with them. You don't realize until you are married how big of a blessing it is to find a couple you both really enjoy to be around. It's a four way friendship and we are blessed to have my twin and his wife as some solid friends. 




Four days later my mom got here bright and early and ready to take on DC. We pulled into the driveway, she took one look at my yard and by 2 o'clock that afternoon we had enough plants to re-landscape our entire yard. We did lots of shopping, sitting in traffic, gardening, walking the dogs, and found some time to visit Arlington, Georgetown and even see Mitt Romney at a rally.


Halfway into my mom's visit, we realized it was time to move my mom's parents in a nursing home. My mom got me a ticket to fly back with her and for four days we did not stop moving, packing, loading and unloading. We went through a lot of Mommy Dot's stuff and I found this little gem. I love this picture of my mom because for the first time ever I think we look alike. What do you think??
If you know me at all you know that I am my mom's biggest fan and that I want to be just like her when I grow up, so seeing a little resemblance to my favorite woman on the planet was definitely the little ray of sunshine during such a draining week. 




After we got them settled into their new home and on Thursday I flew back home with Tori, our last but certainly not least, visitor of the month. I was exhausted from all the work we did with the moving, but ladies and gentlemen, Tori Beckham is one of a kind and I was thrilled for some quality time with her. We went to the Shenandoah Valley and hiked around with the pups, saw monuments, ate delicious cupcakes and just enjoyed being together. 





Our extremely neglected puppies loved having visitors all month long, it meant more laps to sit in and more attention for them; and boy did they take advantage of it. 





Tori had to leave a day early because Sandy is now here for a visit. It is dark and dreary, rainy and windy, and a perfect day to catch up on our favorite TV shows and update the blog. Everything is closed down around here and Kenny is off work, and as long as we have power it will be a little vacation.
I hope everyone is having a great Fall and enjoying the changing colors of the leaves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment