--> -->

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's Fall Y'all

It's here! The leaves are changing, the weather is cool and crisp, and the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back at Starbucks. 
All is right with the world. 
A couple of weeks ago we were at the grocery store and I stumbled upon some pumpkin spice coffee. (And by stumbled upon, I mean we went to the store in search of some pumpkin spice coffee and a matching creamer.) After I had my first cup of the dessert drink, I had Fall flowing through my veins and immediately started to decorate.

 
I dusted off this branch-thingy I used last year like this-
And turned it into a wreath for the window. I love having a little seasonal pop of color on that window.  All the Fall wreaths are a little too Fall for me so I just made this one, and I like the simplicity of it.

 Next I went into my back yard, picked some acorns off the tree and some pine cones up off the ground and put them in a vase. I used a piece of scrap fabric to make the vases pop a little more on the white furniture. And my trusty ole bird from last year too.
So, this next project is a little emo but I just love it. I super glued pine comes onto some string I had in my sewing kit. What do you think?
       I made a little banner out pages from the books on the shelf and more sewing kit string.

 There was one thing blatantly missing from my Fall decor. A delicious smelling candle. I got this WoodWick Pumpkin Butter candle, and let me tell you, it's officially Fall at my house.
 I had spent $4 on the wheat  so I splurged on the Heaven smelling candle. Can't beat decorating the house for about $20. Last week we stocked up on canned pumpkin and have enough to make pumpkin spice pancakes for the whole neighborhood.
IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!
(well except for Christmas of course)

It is that time of year where I can't end a blog post without a little Alabama Crimson Tide treat. 
I just love this video. 
RTR my friends. 



No comments:

Post a Comment